With increasingly mature technology, hardware, and software, along with increasing volumes of data, there’s plenty of opportunities to incorporate data into internal audits. You can use it to test hypotheses, support strategic objectives, audit more efficiently, implement an iterative approach, justify your spend, and deliver more value.
It’s clear that using data can help your team produce better audit outcomes. But perhaps your team isn’t making the most of your data — yet. If this is the case, you’re likely facing one or more of these barriers:
- Lack of capability – The team does not yet know how to use data — or their previous attempts may have fallen short
- Lack of capacity – Perhaps the team needs some extra capacity to execute a data-focused internal audit
- Limited training – The team may have completed some training, but found it generic (not audit-specific) or not helpful
- Difficulty getting started – Team members are unsure of where to start
- Overwhelm – The team may be overwhelmed by the hype, jargon, and complexity often found in the data space
If you’re ready to find new opportunities to improve (and track that improvement), we can help. Our data expertise will ensure a more comprehensive, meaningful, and valuable internal audit. Whether you need to boost your team’s capability, capacity, or confidence, we’ll tailor an approach to suit.
Our consultants can help your team strategically and cost-effectively use data in your audits. We can quickly fill gaps by consulting on the data aspects of your audit, coaching your team through the process, or even executing the audit on your behalf.
Backed by our decades of audit experience and unique data capabilities, you’ll be able to optimise your audit processes for today’s challenges and opportunities.